Protein Powered Training Replays!
Session 1: Obesity As the Result of Protein Deficiency
Today, I am telling the story of how I ended up obese, despite eating a natural whole foods lacto-vegetarian diet for 13 years. Learn why I had no choice but to question the 'dietary dogma' that I had subscribed to.
Here is a sneak peek at what I will be covering in this session:
- why I went vegetarian at the age of 20
- the first symptom of protein deficiency that I ignored and why I ignored it
- why the initial health benefits of going vegan and vegetarian are not due to the absence of meat
- deconstructing dietary dogma around protein on a vegan and vegetarian diet
- why carnivore works, but isn’t all that cholesterol and saturated fat in meat really going to kill you?
- are vegetables really trying to poison you with all their anti-nutrients?
- why some vegan/veg people become stick thin and under muscled, while others become obese
- why both plant and animal foods support healing and how to balance them for your uniqueness
- isn’t plant protein better for the health of the planet and animal welfare?
- learn about the qualities of animal vs. plant food to find out which end of the spectrum is right for you where your body is at
- eat balanced when you are healthy
- when you are not healthy, you may need to do something at the other end of the spectrum to get back into balance
- be open to all forms of real nourishment
- have respect for your human nutritional needs
- you are an animal that deserves health too
- what's natural is best for the planet, people and animals
- restorative agriculture and permaculture are the answer, not demonizing animal foods
How everything 'brassica' is basically just Wild Cabbage: https://untamedscience.com/biodiversity/wild-cabbage/
Many of the fruits and vegetables we eat are not the way nature originally provided them:
"With proper care, soil can draw down 250 million metric tons of carbon dioxide–equivalent greenhouse gasses every year—andthat’s just in the United States." https://www.nrdc.org/stories/regenerative-agriculture-101
How to green the world's deserts and reverse climate change https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTHi7O66pI
10 Year Timeline of Greening the Desert: :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W69kRsC_CgQ
The Cholesterol Myth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64vPlWhFevU
Hear it from a cardiologist https://www.youtube.com/@DrStephenSinatra
Session 2: Creating A Balanced Plate for Your Weight
In this session , I share how I discovered that prioritizing protein was the missing piece. Learn why in the long run, eating 'enough calories of whole foods' didn't work for me as a former vegetarian - plus, how I rebalanced my weight without dieting and you can too.
Sneak peak at what you'll learn:
- how I did an ‘experiment of one’ to figure out what my body needed instead of going on a diet
- why complex carbs can cause cause obesity, despite being "healthy"
- discover common health foods that people use to replace meat that are full of ‘INHERENT sugar’ and block weight loss
- the difference between plant and animal protein
- how much protein do you really need for basic survival vs. optimum health
letting go of the attitude "I already know this or know everything"
realizing that you are not "right" and you have more to learn, if your results are "wrong"
treat the root cause, don't settle for dis-ease or staying overweight
use your health/weight challenges as a catalyst to transform your whole life
trust your body's timing
Calculating Inherent (digestive) Sugar: Find out the carb content of the food you are eating (for the portion size you are consuming) and then divide that by 4. That number is equal to how many tsp of sugar is in that food.
How much protein do you need as an individual:
1. RDA - times by .4 of your current body weight in lbs (.8 for kg)
2. OPTIMAL - times by 1 per ideal body weight (check body mass index)
Learn more about my DIY approach for how to lose weight naturally without dieting with the Delish UN-diet School Masterclass Trainings.
Holistic Nutrition Consulting - Get a Personalized Approach to Unblocking Your Weight Loss Blocks
Session 3: Amazing Amino Acids
Protein is not just a macro or building block, but that the "things" it is made of are actually "medicinal", just like vitamins and minerals are?
In this session, we'll explore how just like vitamins and minerals, each amino acid (the building blocks of protein) has it's own specific "jobs", and how you can use protein to restore your health.
Here’s a sneak peek at what you will learn:
- The 8 protein types and how they function in the body to keep you in a state of optimum health.
- The ABC’s of amino acids
- Amino acids as medicine - how they keep you healthy - a couple of examples for each essential amino acid.
- Your body is not a machine with separate parts
- Symptoms are your body's way of speaking to you
- You can heal yourself of named so called incurable dis-ease
- Word medicine - be careful of what you "let in"
- Knowledge of how your body works is empowerment
- You are responsible for your health
- How you can use symptomatology for true dis-ease prevention
Choosing Sustainable Protein: https://www.proteinpowered.shop/sustainable
Branch Chain Amino Acids:
Branch Chain Amino Acids - Beyond Nutrition Metabolism: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29570613/
Book Session to Discuss Symptomatology Assessment for your unique situation:
Session 4: Protein Deficiency Symptomatology
Discover Protein Deficiency Symptomatology - Learn why prioritizing protein is not just about building muscle and getting lean. Discover how certain symptoms you experience point to protein deficiency. Plus, get access to the online Protein Deficiency Symptomatology Test
Here's a sneak peek at what you will learn:
- understanding more about symptomatology
- how to address dis-ease holistically
- conditions & circumstances that make you more susceptible to protein deficiency
- diseases that can cause decreased levels of protein
- top symptoms of protein deficiency
- symptoms don't lie
- take charge of your health to prevent 'normal' aging and dis-ease
- take the test!
Do you have signs of protein deficiency? Click here to take the Protein Deficiency Test!
Book Session to discuss how to use food as medicine to address your health situation:
Session 5: Putting Protein Criticism in ContextDo a quick google search, here’s what the internet and media tells us will happen if we eat animal based proteins, backing up the trend towards veganism.
Pro veg author - https://glennsabin.com/cancer-risk-of-conventional-versus-grass-fed-red-meat/
Pro meat/carnivore authors -
Understanding Absolute vs. Relative Risk
The Body of Evidence
Hear it from the protein scientists
Donald Layman with Dr. Gabriel Lyon
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RgQ-YVh_Rs
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdCc_j4Eujg
Stu Phillips with Dr. Gabriel Lyon
Session 6: How To Be Protein Powered
How to be Protein Powered - Beyond Classic Meat Dishes!
We'll explore a variety of ways to prioritize protein on your plate - even if you don't like to eat meat in this show & tell "fast foods" I use to prioritize protein on my plate.
These are my favourite animal and plant based sources of protein including more obscure go-to meat alternatives/recipes -ones that include Protein Powered pancakes (a product I developed myself) that has been a game changer in my kitchen!
I also cover putting soy in context, another demonized protein rich food.